Aims & Ethos
To provide our children with a stimulating learning environment within a Christian ethos, that enables them to develop socially, spiritually and academically to their highest potential and to gain a life-long love of learning.
We intend to achieve this by:
- Providing a safe, happy, well ordered and stimulating learning environment for the whole school community that provides high quality teaching which will stimulate, motivate and enthuse children to develop to their full potential.
- Delivering a broad and balanced curriculum: teaching Key Skills, offering extra-curricular activities through which children will explore a wide range of interests that will stimulate their personal development.
- Promoting clear and consistent boundaries of social behaviour which fosters mutual respect and self-esteem.
- Educating children in the Christian faith, nurturing awareness of the value of prayer and spirituality, whilst always respecting the belief of others.
- Providing a wide range of opportunities and experiences that promotes and celebrates the effort and achievement of each child.
- Enabling parents, children and staff to actively work together to set and meet the highest possible standards of attendance, work and behaviour.
- Supporting parents to encourage their children’s learning both in and out of school.
- Expecting all children to work and behave to the best of their ability.
- Upholding principles of equal opportunities to welcome and value the contribution of different individuals, groups and cultures represented in our community.
- Working together in partnership with parents, the Church and the wider community to promote good citizenship and a fair and just society for all.