Year 6 Autumn Term 2
Edison Theme: Has there ever been a better time to live?
Subject focus: History
- Group research
- Persuasive writing for a speech in the presentation
- Using a picture as a way into others’ lives
Text: The London Eye Mystery – Siobhan Dowd
- Base numbers
- Imperial/ Metric
Study of a theme that extends chronological knowledge and is reflected in the locality e.g Social/Military/Economic
- What is good about living here now?
- What do other people think about whether there has ever been a better time to live here?
- What do I want in my future?
- What makes a good life?
- Observational drawings/paintings of artefacts
- Investigate a designer who improved life for many from a chosen period
- Recipes from the past
- Christmas- Then & Now
- Listen to music of the times
- Why do people make music
- Feelings: When you think about the past, do you consider the people as real? That they have feelings?
- Courage of individuals during the period of research.