Year 2 Learning Log
Each week, choose at least one task to make or do at home.
Due by 15th December 2016
Materials / Science:
- This week we saw how HEAT can change materials.
- Help cook something at home with a grown-up. Take photos or draw pictures to show me how the ingredients changed when they were heated.
- What happens when things are COOLED? Can you give me an example?
- Next term our topic is “The History of Transport”
- What types of transport do you know?
- What questions do you have about our transport?
- Play Place Value games:
Due by 8th December 2016
- Think of a creative way to tell the Nativity Story, using drawings, lift-up flaps, a poster…
- How do you celebrate Christmas in your house? Why is it a special time? Add a photo or draw a picture.
- How do people celebrate Christmas in different countries around the world?
- What is a Christingle?
- What is an advent wreath? Can you draw one and explain it?
Due by 1st December 2016
History / Art:
- Houses in 1666 were made of wood. Can you make a model of a wooden house burning in the Great Fire of London.
- How did they try to put the fire out?http://www.fireoflondon.org.uk/game
- We’ve been practising telling the time this week. Where are examples of clocks in your house?
- Play these time-telling games:
Due by 24th November 2016
- Think about what we’ve done in school this week. Create a poster about Anti-Bullying.
- Make a friendship bracelet
- Design a ‘Great Friend badge’ for someone who is a good friend to you. Tell me how they are a good friend.
- Play “Hit the Button” . Practise the 10x, 2x and Doubles.
- What numbers can you find around your house?
Great Fire of London / History:
- Follow the link. What can you find out about the Great Fire of London? http://www.fireoflondon.org.uk/game
Due by 17th November 2016
Red Riding Hood Story Box:
- Use an empty box and create a scene from Little Red Riding Hood.
- We weighed objects and read scales this week
- What scales do you have at home? Draw, write or take photos to show me how you can use them. weighing ingredients to bake, weighing yourself on bathroom scales.
- Practise your times tables: