Year 3 Learning Log
Topic – How Does Electricity Work?
- To understand how people coped before electricity
- To understand what a complete circuit is
- To understand what electricity is
- To be able to investigate what materials are the best conductors
- To be able to make a time line of electrical inventors
- To understand what a magnet is
- To be able to understand what a thunderstorm is and what causes it
- To be able to subtract digits within 10 000 with regrouping
- To understand what a newspaper report is
Please also go over your times tables, especially 2,3,4,5 and 6 tables to 12.
Make sure you are reading regularly.
Learning Log Links
Bright Sparks – How does electricity work?
- Create something that lights up.
- Make something that people would have used before electricity.
- Draw a diagram of a circuit.
- A leaflet on the benefits of electricity.
- Drawings of a thunderstorm.
- Poster on what a thunderstorm is.
- Leaflet/Poster on Thomas Edison.
- What would you create using electricity?
Do Fame and Christian Faiths go together?
- Compare the qualities of being a Christian and a famous person
- Make a collage of a famous Christian and explain why they are famous and a Christian