Year 5 Learning Log
This half term we are learning about castles and how they have been used since being built after the Norman invasion in 1066.
Our learning objectives for this half term are below, but as always, please feel free to research and share any other information you are interested in!
- What do you know about the Battle of Hastings and the Bayeux Tapestry?
- Click the picture to go to bayeuxtapestry.org.uk
Can you find out what life was like for the Anglo-Saxons after the Norman invasion?
Look HERE for information.
- How were castles used during World War One?
- Find out how the Tower of London was used during the First World War here.
- What can you find out about weapons that were used since 1066? How have they changed?
- This webpage might help you
- What do you know about different forces?
- What is a catapult? How does it work? What forces are in action?
- Art work on the Bayeux tapestry
- Mind map of life from an Anglo-saxon during Norman rule
- Information piece on weapons during medieval times
- Can you partition, estimate and order numbers up to 10,000,000?
- Can you round numbers to the nearest 1,000?
- Can you divide numbers by 10, 100 and 1,000?
- Can you practise multiplying and dividing using different methods?
- Use Mathletics homework set to help http://uk.mathletics.com
- What can you find out about Berlie Doherty?
- What do you know about the Tudor times?
- Can you research ‘treason’? Can you find out about who was accused of treason in history?
- Biography on Berlie Doherty
- Information piece of the people who have committed treason throughout history in the UK
You can present your work in anyway you wish including writing, art, computing… Have fun!