Year 5 Learning Log
This half term we are learning about Earth and space. Our topic is called ‘Out of this World’
Our learning objectives for this half term are below, but as always, please feel free to research and share any other information you are interested in!
- We are going to be looking at the geocentric theory, heliocentric theory.
- We will also be looking at shadows created by lunar and solar eclipses.
- We will be looking at the constellations and what they mean.
- We will try to understand what impact the moon has on us and its different phases.
- Looking at using chalk for constellations and planets with shadow.
- We will be looking at prime and composite numbers.
- We will be looking at multiplying fractions.
- We will be looking at names of triangles.
- We will be looking at We will be looking at angles names and degrees.
- We are looking at Louis Sachar.
- We will be looking at the book ‘There’s a boy in the Girl’s Bathroom’.
- We are going to be looking at Buddhism.
- Who was Siddhartha?
- How did Siddhartha become enlightened?
- What virtues and beliefs do Buddhists have?
You can present your work in anyway you wish including writing, art, computing… Have fun!
If you want to email me any work: