Year 5 Learning Log
This half term we are learning about ‘Do we make the most of what’s right on our doorstep?’
Our learning objectives for this half term are below, but as always, please feel free to research and share any other information you are interested in!
- What are the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird?
- What are the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals?
- What does the word germination mean?
- What is seed dispersal?
- Do you think you could sort/ classify plants into different groups?
- What plants grow in our local area? Could you classify them?
- What is pollination?
- What are climate zones, biomes and vegetation belts?
- What are the 8 points of a compass?
- Can you try and find out and draw a leaf skeleton?
- Can you find all the factors of numbers up to 100?
- Can you find multiples of numbers up to 12?
- Can you practise long division and bus stop method?
- Can you research the Amazon Rainforest?
- What plants/animals/people live there?
You can present your work in anyway you wish including writing, art, computing… Have fun!