Year 6 Learning Log
Learning log links, resources & suggested activities:
Year 6 Autumn Term 2
Has there ever been a better time to live here?
The ‘woodlands junior’ website has pages on different time periods in British history.
- Mind maps of different eras eg. the Victorian times, the 1980s, the 1960s, Celtic times etc.
- Diary writing as a person from a different era.
- Researching different features of different eras eg. science, fashion, food, leisure activities etc.
- Persuasive speech about which era was the best time to live here.
- Predicting how things will change in the future- design technology for the future.
Mind map template http://www.mymindmap.net/pdf/Mind_Map_Template_Mulit_Rounded.pdf
Help on writing a persuasive speech http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/english/writing/argument/read/1/
Diary writing checklist http://www.primaryworks.co.uk/product_img/Whose%20Diary%2015_1393170384.jpg
- Fact files about different pilgrimage sites.
- Compare different religion’s pilgrimage traditions.
- Plan out a pilgrimage.
Art & Music about Christmas
- Write your own Christian Christmas song or carol.
- Create your own Christmas art work.
- Design a Christmas card.
- Write the nativity story from a one of the character’s points of view.
Christmas templates http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/christmas-templates
Nativity story board http://sbt.blob.core.windows.net/storyboards/weirc/the-story-of-the-nativity.png