Home school agreement
To download a copy of the form below, please click here.
St George’s School is a Church of England school, which is part of a wider Christian family.
The school benefits from the strong links with the local parish church of St George and the support of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education.
As set out in the Mission Statement in the School Prospectus, Christian values are at the heart of all that we do. At St George’s we believe that successful partnership between the school, the church, the parents and the children help each pupil to take full advantage of all that the school has to offer. The following agreement supports this partnership in the interests of our children.
TOGETHER WE WILL …
- Promote high standards of work and behaviour
- Support the values of the school
- Support the community life of the school.
AS A SCHOOL WE WILL …
- Provide a balanced and appropriate curriculum
- Provide work suitable for children’s ages and abilities, which helps them to progress
- Establish a code of behaviour to ensure a safe and caring environment
- Provide effective means of communication between home and school
- Monitor the progress of children and provide advice and guidance over their work
- Provide homework in accordance with the School Homework Policy.
St George’s School has a Child Protection Policy. This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the headteacher has a legal responsibility to safeguard every child who attends St George’s School.
AS PARENTS/GUARDIANS WE/I WILL…
- Let the school know of any concerns about my child
- Regularly attend parents’ meetings to review my child’s progress
- Support the school’s rules and expectations as set out in the Behaviour Policy
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly, on time, in school uniform and with everything s/he needs
- Ensure that the homework is completed and returned on time
- Encourage my child to take part in the full life of the Church School.