with Miss Clarke
This term we will be exploring cross-curricular themes based on our topic entitled, Toys and Hello, I’m new here.
We will be having a topic launch day where your child will be able to dress up as their favourite toy and enjoy a range of cross curricular activities. This will be happening on Friday 25th September.
Our core texts this term will be:
Our writing and other activities will be based on these books as well as practicing letter formation and phonics.
Unfortunately at the present time we will not be sending home books to read. It is still really important to read with your child every day for a least 10 minutes. Please make use of the books you have at home that are appropriate for your child’s reading level and you can access e books using the link and passwords below.
Choose your free ebook here:
All tablet friendly with some of your favourite characters!
NEW: Oxford Owl class login: look for the logo:
Class name: Jenningsclass2020 Class Password: Jenningsbooks
Continue to practice your phonics. Phonicsplay continues to offer free login details and resources.
In numeracy this term we will be focusing on counting and recognising numbers. We will be looking at number bonds to 5 and then to 10 and developing our knowledge of place value. We will also be relating addition and subtraction to counting forwards and backwards.
In science this term we will look at ‘ourselves’. We will name and label the basic body parts, think about how we have changed as we have grown and explore the five senses. We will also look at how we can be healthy.
We will be looking at weddings and baptism in the church.
This term our theme for PSHE is ‘Being me in my world’ and then ‘Celebrating difference’.
Ahlberg P.E days are on a Monday and Thursday. Please ensure your child wears their P.E to school as we will not be changing in class.
Click here for more learning ideas linked to our topics in class.
Over the next couple of weeks:
- Please practice writing your name using a capital letter at the start and then lower case letters i.e William.
- Practice writing simple sentences by orally rehearsing them first and then writing them. Remember to use a capital letter, finger spaces between words and finish with a full stop.
- Practice the phase 2 tricky words-
- If you know the phase 2 tricky words practice the phase 3 tricky words-
- Practice counting, ordering numbers and matching quantities to 20.
- Practice 1 more and 1 less from any given number within 20.
- Practice adding within 10/20.
- Practice number bonds to 5 and then 10
- Get creative and make a spider from our core text Arrrgghh spider. You could use junk modelling materials, draw, paint or use salt dough.