Staying Safe Online
Digital safety is a very important part of our work with children, families and staff.
Increasingly our concerns about children’s safety are linked to their behaviours online and using portable devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
We explicitly teach children about digital safety and work hard to promote e-safety from a very young age.
We have also attached links and leaflets and resources for families to promote e-safety at home.
Click on the links below to access;
- The NSPCC New Net Aware website is an informative platform for E-safety. Please visit their website. https://www.net-aware.org.uk/
- CEOP’s (Centre for Online Protection) Think U Know resources for parents. They offer practical guidance and advice for families that will help to keep your children safe.
- Internetmatters offers lots of information about online issues including advice by age and setting controls. https://www.internetmatters.org/
- Kids Smart provides advice for parents on different devices and software. A very practical guide for families.
- Safer Internet Uk also offer invaluable advice for families and information how to report any online concerns. https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/parents-and-carers
- Young Children and Screen Time – a guide – https://www.childnet.com/ufiles/Young-children-and-screen-time—a-guide-for-parents-and-carers.pdf
- TikTok Safety Centre for Parents. https://www.tiktok.com/safety/resources/for-parents?lang=en